AxCrypt is free and open source file encryption software for Windows. This program allows you to compress, encrypt, decrypt, store, send and work with individual files.
AxCrypt encrypts files up to 4GB size and you can easily send to other users via e-mail(the smaller ones of course) or any other means,making this application a great complement for programs like DropBox, skylive and all those File Sharing Services. It also offers an amazing feature, the Self-decrypting files, dispensing the need to install AxCrypt to decrypt.
Axcrypt is really easy to install and easy to use, there is no need to make any kind of configuration and that is why there´s no user interface.
And the best of AxCrypt is that is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU
- Double-click to edit/view any application.
- Automatic re-encryption after modification.
- Absolutely no user configuration necessary or possible before use.
- Open source under GNU General Public License.
- 12 languages in one executable distribution.
- Extensive command-line interface for scripting and programming
- Windows 2003/XP/Vista/2008/7 32- and 64-bit compatible.
- AES encryption with 128-bit keys.
- Edit an encrypted document directly with double-click.
- Optional pass phrase cache – type pass phrases once per logon and/or reboot.
- Automatic pass phrase validation before decryption or editing.
- Key-File generation and support.
- No options or user interface – easy to install and use.
- Relatively light-weight, less than 1Mb download
- Server mode options.
- Support for files larger than 4GB (except for self-decrypting files).
- Dynamic brute force counter measure – iterative key wrapping.
- Integrates well with web based file sharing services.
- Selective compression before encryption – faster downloads/uploads.
- Retains original file name and information of an encrypted file.
- Integrated shredder.
- Shredding of all temporary and encrypted plaintext files.
- Secure memory handling – no keys or data in the paging file.
- Industry standard algorithms.
- Data integrity verification – no undetected modification.
- Unique data encryption keys used for every file and (re-)encryption.
- Easy to add more languages
- Open source – no backdoors.
- Private branding support for commercial or corporate versions.
- It’s FREE!
Official Website: http://www.axantum.com/axCrypt/