Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/osmoney/public_html/djx/wp-content/plugins/mashsharer/includes/template-functions.php on line 836
Kexi is a visual database creator application. It can be used for creating schemas, inserting data, performing queries, and processing data. Forms can be created to provide a custom interface to your data. All objects, tables, queries and forms are stored in the database, making it easy to share data and design.
Kexi is considered as a long awaited Open Source competitor for Microsoft Access, FileMaker and Oracle Forms. Its development is motivated by the lack of Rapid Application Development (RAD) tools for database systems that are sufficiently powerful, inexpensive, open standards driven and portable across many operating systems and hardware platforms.
- Full visual designers for tables, queries and forms. Queries can be also designed in dedicated SQL view.
- Running queries, support for parameterized queries.
- Data entry and sorting.
- Support for “Object” data allowing to store many types of images.
- Designing and displaying relational data using combo boxes (lookup columns).
- Simple printouts for table and query data with robust print preview.
- Advanced CSV data import and export from files. Copying to clipboard and pasting from clipboard is also available, thus the data can be easily transferred to applications like spreadsheets or word processors.
- User Mode, allowing to switch off all commands related to editing project’s design (since 1.1.2)
- “Find” window for searching thought table and form’s contents with rich set of options (since 1.1.3)
- Support for simple templates (since 1.1.3)
Kexi is an Open-Source Software. As a real member of the KDE and Calligra Suite projects, it integrates fluently into both. It is designed to be fully usable also without KDE on Linux/Unix, Mac OS X and MS Windows platforms.
Developers: Jarosław Staniek, Adam Pigg, Dimitrios T. Tanis, Oleg Kukharchuk