inSSIDer is an open source Wi-Fi scanner; you can now track access points knowing all kind of information about it. inSSIDer allows you to know the characteristics of the network connections around you, like signal strength, SSID, channel, SNR, Access Point vendor, etc. and all that display in a graphical chart.
inSSIDer also inspect the security settings like, Open, WEP, WPA Personal, WPA-Enterprise, WPA2-Personal, WPA2-Enterprise, Wi-Fi Protected Setup, or Open(no security)on any network nearby or the ones that you already save if you want to keep an eye on them. inSSIDer offers these features and a few others in an easy and simple interface and free of charge.
inSSIDer is a simple yet powerful, great and useful tool for discovering the wireless networks around you. Try it, because the best of all.. it´s free
- Uses your current wireless card and connection software
- Works with Windows XP, Vista and 7 (32 and 64 bit)
- Compatible with most GPS devices
- Track the strength of received signals in dBm over time
- Sort by MAC address, SSID, Channel, RSSI, and Time
- Filter access points in an easy-to-use format
- Highlight access points for areas with high Wi-Fi concentration
- Export Wi-Fi and GPS data to a KML file to view in Google Earth.
- Filter through hundreds of scanned access points
[box type=”info”] Wiki info:
Official Website: http://www.metageek.net/products/inssider/