Warning: A non-numeric value encountered in /home/osmoney/public_html/djx/wp-content/plugins/mashsharer/includes/template-functions.php on line 836
Avidemux is an Open source video editing software program similar to Kino, Cinelerra and VirtualDub an alternative to Microsoft Movie Maker , Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier Pro and Apple Movie. Designed for multi-purpose video editing , video processing, simple cutting, filtering and encoding tasks. It offers simple video editing for your PC, but packs many more features than that. It supports many file types, including AVI, DVD compatible MPEG files, MP4 and ASF, using a variety of codecs. This open source project is great for DVD/DivX converting and editing. Avidemux also has scripting support for automation using projects, job queue and powerful scripting capabilities
Avidemux was written from scratch, the primary programmer is a person known as Mean, who often frequents the Avidemux forums. The project is open to user input and many suggestions from its users have already been implemented as fully written features. You can finf all the neccesary information from intallations to tutorials at the Avidemux Wiki.
Avidemux is available for Linux, BSD, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows under the GNU GPL license.
Avidemux offers simple video editing for your PC, but packs many more features than that. This open source project is great for DVD/DivX converting and editing. Avidemux also has scripting support for automation – and even offers DVD authoring
- Capable of non-linear video editing, applying visual effects to video, and transcoding video into various formats.
- Insert audio streams into a video file (an action known as multiplexing or “muxing”) or
- Extract audio streams from video files (an action known as “demuxing”).
- Whole projects with all options, configurations, selections, and preferences can be saved into a project file.
- Has advanced scripting available for it both in its GUI and command line modes.
- Supports a non-project system just like VirtualDub, where users can simply create all of their configurations and save the video directly without making a project file. A project queue system is also available.
- Built-in subtitle processing, both for Optical Character Recognition of DVD subtitles and for rendering hard subtitle.
- Supports various subtitle formats, including MicroDVD (.SUB), SubStation Alpha (.SSA), Advanced SubStation Alpha (.ASS) and SubRip (.SRT).
- While it is primarily a GUI program, Avidemux can also be run from the command line.